This one went to New Zealand earlier this year.
- A Mullet sailing boat.
- The club’s support boat.
- Club burgee from natural timber colours.
The customer requested a list of the timbers that I’d used. Here it is.
- Bottom of base – Beefwood
- Main base – Red Cedar
- Light hulls and sails – Quandong
- Wavy background – Banksia
- Yellow backing and flag pole – Leichhardt Pine
- Black on and around burgee, dark crew and Watchman windows – Rosewood, a local wattle (acacia rhodoxylyn). The common name rosewood is used for numerous timbers.
- Deck on Mullet – a local wattle?
- Skipper – She Oak
- Fore hand – Red Cedar
- Spars – maybe Blue Gum. Or one of our local hardwoods.